Information We Collect
- Registration Information. If you sign up for an Odyssey314.com Account, we ask you to provide us with personal information, such as your name, username, password, photo and email address. This information collectively is referred to as “Registration Information.” Some of this information, for example, your username, will be listed publicly on our website in the Community section or in testimonies.
- User IDs and Device IDs. When you install the Odyssey314 Application, we create a unique identification number associated with that installation of the software (“User ID”). If you have an Odyssey314.Com Account, we will associate your User ID or your Device ID with your Registration Information.
- Usage Information. We also collect information about how you use our Services, including how you view and interact with content, the parts of our Services that you use, information you search for, content that you view, and actions you take such as viewing videos, using links or posting comments.
- Log Data. When you use our Services, we automatically record information about your use (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s or mobile device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, access times and dates and other statistics.
- Surveys and Promotions. Currently in the Application, we provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys. If you participate, we may request certain additional information from you.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- We use information we collect, including your Registration Information, User ID and Device ID, information from your use of our Services and information from surveys and promotions to provide and improve our Services, develop new offerings and enhance and personalize your experience on Odyssey3.14, including the content and navigation.
- We may use your Registration Information to send you important messages regarding the Services, as well as marketing materials that we think may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in those communications.
Disclosure of the Information We Collect
- Information You Share. While you can use Flipboard privately, we encourage you to share your interests, preferences and thoughts with others, and our Services are designed to enable that sharing, through the Odyssey 3.14 Community. When you create an Odyssey314.Com Account, your username and photo, and comments that you post will all be public by default.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose any information we collect with third parties when we receive your consent to do so.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information. We may disclose aggregated and non-personally identifiable information that we collect. Any such disclosure will not include non-public, personal information regarding individual users.
- Service Providers. We employ third parties to assist us in providing and improving the Services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance, database management and web analytics companies). If these third parties receive non-public, personal information about you, they will be obligated not to disclose or use it for any purpose other than to perform tasks on our behalf.
Through the Services you can email a friend and share certain contents or other materials. If you use this aspect of our Services we will ask you for your friend’s name, and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email. Mobelite stores Friend Information for the purpose of sending such emails and improving the Services. Friends may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Cookies & Other Technologies
Our services may use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Services. We also may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Services or to better understand how you interact with the Services. You can instruct your web browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting certain or all cookies. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Services.
Cookies placed on your device or computer by Mobelite or any third party site or service that you may access through the Services may remain stored on your device or computer until you remove them.
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when activated, signals to websites that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to browser DNT signals, we do not currently respond to them.
Changing or Deleting Your Account
You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your Odyssey314.com Account. Accounts are terminated promptly and, absent extenuating circumstances, we will honor your request and delete your account information in no more than 45 days. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or as necessary for the protection of the rights of Mobelite or its users.
For instructions on changing any of your privacy preferences, accessing your information, updating your information or for any privacy or data-protection-related questions, please write to email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with any personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with any personally identifiable information, we will delete such information and the child’s account.
Mobelite employs reasonable physical, technological and administrative security measures to protect the information it collects. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use commercially acceptable means to protect the information we collect, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If Mobelite learns of a security breach that results in the unauthorized disclosure of your Registration Information, we may attempt to notify you electronically through the Services so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Mobelite may also send an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you have provided to us for a notification pursuant to this paragraph. If you wish to receive written (non-electronic) notice of any security breach, please send a request for such notice, including your physical address, to email@example.com.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Mobelite. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services contains links to other websites and online services. If you choose to visit a third party service by “clicking on” a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website or online service. The fact that we link to a website, content or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites and services you use. We do not exercise control over third party websites or services.